- Parents can finally have their children’s feet measured for shoes
- Tech headaches can be solved at our support desk
- Customers can be rewarded for recycling their beauty product packaging
John Lewis has today confirmed that it will reopen its shops in England and Wales on 12 April following the latest Government guidance. We will also reopen our newly refurbished Edinburgh shop on 14 May and we plan to reopen our Glasgow shop from 26 April subject to Government guidance.
After more than three months shut due to the national lockdown, we will once again welcome customers through our doors to browse, shop and use some of the much-needed services we have all been waiting for.
From opening our changing rooms to help customers find the right fit, restarting children’s shoe fitting, in-person nursery appointments, to providing Home Design advice, Personal Styling appointments and technology support - there are lots of ways our Partners will be helping customers get their lives back on track ahead of the summer.
In line with Government guidance, next day Click & Collect services will also resume in John Lewis shops, in addition to pick-up locations in Waitrose, Co-op and Booths - taking the total number of collect locations to over 900.
Pippa Wicks, Partner & Executive Director at John Lewis, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming our much-missed customers into our shops once more. We’re looking forward to reuniting customers with the joy of physical shopping, along with the excitement of our stores whilst also introducing our customers to stylish new products at prices they won’t expect. We’re also excited to be opening up much-needed services and helping customers choose those items that are harder to buy online - from the perfect mattress, to road testing the right pram or finding the right pair of jeans. We want to make sure the shopping experience is as fun and inspiring as it’s ever been, while also ensuring that our customers and Partners feel safe.”
Some of the ways we are helping customers shop safely will include:
- Fitting rooms will be open with appropriate safety measures in place
- Providing “Customer Service Hosts” who are assigned to welcome customers into the store and answer any questions while managing customer numbers, queues both at entrances and busy areas of the shop
- We raised the contactless payment limit in all shops from £30 to £45 to help customers minimise the need for contact while shopping. The limit will be further increased to £100 by the end of the year.
- Protective screens at till points and areas of the shop where social distancing cannot be achieved between customers and Partners such as ‘Welcome desks’.
- Safe and simple returns process including new drop boxes and quarantining returned stock for 48 hours.
When our doors open once more, customers will see some exciting new initiatives and changes to our reopened shops.
After months of being unable to take back beauty product packaging, we are anticipating our busiest period ever for our Beautycycle service, which rewards customers for bringing back empty hard to recycle beauty product packaging. To reward customers, from 19 April until 3 May coinciding with World Earth Day, we will be doubling the amount we give customers for returning empty packaging; meaning that for every five items of packaging returned customers will be given £10 off their next beauty purchase until 3rd May1.
Vintage furniture trial in Kingston
We will also be launching an exclusive, new collaboration with Vinterior, the online vintage and antique market place, in response to growing customer desire to buy products which have the longest possible life. The collection will be available exclusively at our Kingston shop from 12 April. Customers will be able to choose from a selection of mid-century vintage furniture, including, dining tables, coffee tables, sideboards, drinks trolleys and occasional chairs. These one-off vintage pieces have been lovingly restored to the highest standards.
1 To take part customers need to sign up to the Myjohnlewis loyalty scheme. Membership is free and offers many rewards. All empty beauty product packaging is accepted apart from perfume bottles and aerosols due to their flammability.