- Waitrose.com delivery service was launched in 2000 and is growing at nearly five times the market.
- Online grocery market growth is 3.2% (Kantar data, 52 weeks to 27 Jan 2019). Waitrose.com online grocery business grew by 14.2% in the same period.
- Around £80m has been invested in Waitrose.com over the last five years.
- The Waitrose.com service is provided through a combination of from-branch deliveries, and through the Coulsdon Fulfilment Centre, opened in 2015
- Customer satisfaction with Waitrose.com increased during the year ended 27 January 2019: fulfilment up by 5% and website functionality by 6% compared to 2017/18. This builds on increases of 6% and 5% (respectively) in the previous year, 2016/17.
- Waitrose.com delivery is free on orders of £60 or more.
Today Development Partners
TDP is a new organisation that uses automation, and artificial intelligence to advance the retail industry. The core founding team of TDP includes Jonathan Faiman and Mo Gawdat. TDP's founders are attracting the brightest talent to build a great place to work in the UK.
Its core mission is to innovate to build the best possible consumer experience whilst also pioneering environmentally-friendly business. TDP is building an organisational culture that focuses primarily on the consumer to make everyday life easier. There's no other industry that touches the life of consumers more than retail and even a small saving in terms of consumer time and convenience can go a long way.
At the core of TDP's solution design is a sense of responsibility for our community and our environment. Advanced technology applied to a modern solution can have a marked positive impact on our planet.
We aim to be a kind responsible part of society. We believe that we should make a difference in order to earn the right to be profitable.
Jonathan Faiman, Co-founder and CEO of TDP, is best known as a co-Founder of Ocado in the UK.
Mo Gawdat, Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer, for TDP is best known as one of Google’s leading business minds and was most recently the Chief Business Officer of Google X, the company’s innovation arm. In 2017 he published a book ‘Solve for Happy’ about an engineering approach to happiness, which has become an international best-seller. He is the founder of OneBillionHappy.org a nonprofit organization aiming to make a billion people happy.
Ben became Retail Director in March 2016, at the same time he became a member of the Waitrose & Partners Management Board. Since joining the John Lewis Partnership in 2010, Ben has held a variety of senior roles, within both Waitrose and John Lewis. Before he joined the Partnership, Ben worked in a senior role at Sky.
Waitrose & Partners
Waitrose & Partners has 349 shops in England, Scotland, Wales and the Channel Islands, including 61 convenience branches, and another 27 shops at Welcome Break locations. It combines the convenience of a supermarket with the expertise and service of a specialist shop - dedicated to offering quality food that has been responsibly sourced, combined with high standards of customer service. Waitrose & Partners is an employee-owned business - all employees are Partners and have a say in how the business is run.
Waitrose & Partners exports products to more than 50 countries worldwide and has nine shops which operate under licence in the Middle East. The retailer's omnichannel business includes the online grocery service, Waitrose.com, as well as specialist online shops including waitrosecellar.com for wine and waitroseflorist.com for plants and flowers.