Enhance community wellbeing
Our success relies on whether or not the communities in which we operate continue to thrive. By investing in our local communities, we are helping them tackle the issues that affect them, our Partners and our customers.
Our aims and how these support the business plan
- We want to build the skills of future generations and create better places for people to live, work in and enjoy. We want to improve accessibility and inclusion - both in our shops and in the day to day lives of people struggling with social isolation.
- Creating meaningful and rewarding employment depends on providing Partners with the opportunity to step out of their day-to-day roles, learn new skills and grow their confidence; to discover more about themselves and make new connections. Engaging with communities allows Partners to do this.
What we are doing
- In 2016/17 we invested £11.5m* in the communities in which we operate through cash, in-kind, volunteer hours and management hours.
- We use the strength of our brands as a force for good. Whether that's through campaigns that connect our customers with causes that are important to us, by being active in hundreds of communities where our shops are located or through the many connections we have with suppliers overseas and in the UK.
- We encourage decision making at a local level – supporting Partners to invest their time, skills, resources and expertise in communities where they live and work.
*We engaged KPMG LLP to undertake an independent limited assurance engagement, reporting to the Partnership, over selected information