Deliver more with less
Natural resources - such as water, soil, clean air and ecosystem services that they provide - are vital for our health and quality of life. However, their supply and quality are gradually being eroded by the growth of the world economy and a rising global population. We aim to minimise the impact of our operations on natural resources, and manage resources more efficiently throughout their lifecycle - from extraction, transport, transformation and consumption, to waste disposal.
- Our responsible development framework has been realigned to ensure that refurbishment activities are undertaken in the most sustainable way.
Our aims and how these support the business plan
- Our business depends heavily on natural resources. This represents a risk to us and an impact on society if not managed carefully.
- We will reduce our reliance on natural resources, using them as efficiently as possible, for as long as possible, then recovering and regenerating products and materials at the end of life so that they can continue to add value.
What we are doing
- Through our sourcing programmes, we work closely with our supply chain partners to drive down the impacts of the products we sell.
- In our own operations, our focus continues to be on reducing the carbon emissions and utilities consumption associated with our buildings, finding more efficient ways to distribute our goods and managing our waste and use of resources. We also offer services for customers that make use of their products when they are no longer useful to them.
*We engaged KPMG LLP to undertake an independent limited assurance engagement, reporting to the Partnership, over selected information