Waitrose first introduced organics in 2003 and now carries hundreds of products many of which are Fairtrade ensuring that the producers in some of the world's poorest countries are given a fair deal. The Waitrose Foundation was set up in 2005 to help improve the lives of South African farm workers who help supply fruit such as oranges, grapes, nectarines and plums among others. These carry the Waitrose Foundation logo.
A team of Food Technologists are responsible for the safety, legality and quality of the food sold in Waitrose supermarkets. They make sure that the best standards in quality, safety, environment and animal welfare are applied across the supply chain, supported by our own inspections and farm assurance schemes.
Waitrose key ranges include:
- Essential Waitrose - offers entry-level prices with no compromise on quality. Now a mature range, accounting for 18% of total sales, it continues to grow and features over 2,000 products.
- Waitrose LOVE life - delicious and nutritionally balanced, the range is designed to help customers eat a wider range of wholefood ingredients and avoid saturated fats. It includes vitamin and mineral tablets.
- Duchy Originals - the range now features many popular products including organic milk, eggs, mince beef, Scottish salmon fillets and whole chickens and has strong sustainable farming and organic credentials.
- Heston from Waitrose - Following a successful collaboration as a Waitrose ambassador, Heston Blumenthal has worked with our product development team, to bring his unique and creative approach to develop the range
- Good to Go - A range of over 100 food products to be eaten on the move.
- Waitrose Garden - A comprehensive range of bulbs, seeds, flowers, plants, tools and garden care items.
Waitrose.com (www.waitrose.com) where you can find out more about our products and services as well as find your local store or buy online. The website also offers dietary advice, ideas for your dinner party and recipes. Waitrose have also introduced temperature controlled lockers for customers to be able to collect their orders at selected tube stations in London and at Southampton Parkway station.
WaitroseCellar (www.waitrosecellar.com) offering award winning wines and spirits delivered direct to your door plus an En Primeur service as well as tasting advice and recommendations.
WaitroseFlorist (www.waitroseflorist.com) delivering stunning hand tied bouquets and beautiful plants packed and handled with care and attention and offering advice on how best to display and look after your flowers.
Waitrose Garden (www.waitrosegarden.com) - offering nearly 6,000 gardening and floristry products including bulbs, seeds, flowers, plants, tools and garden care. The nation's favourite gardener, Alan Titchmarsh, is also on hand to share his tips on growing flowers, fruit and vegetables.
WaitroseGifts (www.waitrosegifts.com) offering gift ideas including a range of exclusive products to help you find the perfect present for whoever you're shopping for.
WaitrosePet (www.waitrosepet.com) delivering all you need for your pet directly to your door.
Brand Price Match matches Tesco prices on 1000s of everyday, branded goods from store cupboard staples like Heinz Baked Beans to household basics like Persil as well as all branded products at Tesco excluding promotions.
The myWaitrose card thanks customers by offering immediate access to exclusive instore and online benefits, including hundreds of discounts. Customers can select ten items from a list of branded and own brand groceries on which they save 20% every time they shop in branch or online.
Waitrose shops are staffed with experienced, knowledgeable Partners committed to offering the best service to all customers and branches also have Partners trained as specialists with expertise in areas such as wine and fish.
Waitrose branches offer a wide range of facilities and services to make shopping easier for disabled customers, those with prams and pushchairs, and customers with other accessibility needs. These include packing assistance at checkouts, accompanied shopping, carry-to-car services, specialised trolleys and clear signage.
Supporting services include:
- Shop in Branch Delivery Service
- online grocery ordering service
- glass and fish kettle loan service
- online WaitroseEntertaining ordering service
- cycle trailers (at selected branches).
Waitrose's iPhone app and mobile site let users access Waitrose's latest recipes, view offers (updated in real time), create a shopping list, locate their nearest Waitrose and watch video clips of cooking techniques and tips. They can also share recipes with friends through social networking sites and a unique 'Cook's tools' feature provides instant food and cooking information on everything from food and wine matching to cooking timing.
Closer collaboration with John Lewis has seen the addition of John Lewis and Waitrose kitchen and homeware products for sale on-line from the new Waitrose Homeshop at Waitrose.com. Customers can also collect purchases made via johnlewis.com from many local Waitrose shops - to find out whether this service is available at your local Waitrose visit the johnlewis.com website.