Partnership Board Committees
The Partnership Board is aided in carrying out its supervisory and assurance responsibilities by its Chairman's Nominations, Audit and Risk, and Remuneration committees.
Chairman's Nominations Committee
The Chairman's Nominations Committee operates in accordance with terms of reference (PDF 23KB).
The Committee's responsibilities are to support the Chairman to ensure that:
- there is a formal, rigorous and transparent process for the appointment of new Directors to the Partnership Board, who must all be people of ability and integrity committed to working together and supporting the Partnership's Principles
- there is a formal, rigorous and transparent process for the succession plans for Directors to the Board
- appropriate development and training is provided to enable each Board member to fulfil their accountabilities as a member of the Board.
Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee operates in accordance with terms of reference (PDF 24KB).
The Committee is responsible to the Board for the oversight of:
- the integrity of the Partnership's Annual Report and Accounts, and other formal announcements relating to the Partnership's financial performance
- external audit activities
- internal audit activities
- the Partnership's systems of risk management and internal control including an annual review of the effectiveness of their processes.
Corporate Responsibility Committee
The Corporate Responsibility Committee operates in accordance with terms of reference (PDF 20KB)
The Committee is responsible to the Board for the oversight of the Partnership's Corporate Responsibility Policy and corporate responsibility objectives, ensuring these are consistent with the Partnership's obligations under the Constitution towards Partners, customers, suppliers, competitors, the environment, and the communities in which it operates, and are effective in safeguarding the Partnership's corporate reputation.
The Remuneration Committee operates in accordance with terms of reference (PDF 19KB).
The Committee has oversight of the application of the pay policy to executive remuneration.
The policy needs to attract, retain and motivate executive management of the quality required to run the Partnership successfully without paying more than is necessary, based on the market rate.
As well as submitting a recommendation on the Chairman's pay to the Partnership Board and setting the pay of the Partnership's Executive Directors, during 2013/14 the Remuneration Committee has:
- considered the pay benchmarking methodology for members of the Chairman's Committee, the Partners' Counsellor, Directors reporting to the Chairman and divisional Management Boards
- reviewed senior reward, agreeing to rebalance the value of pension and basic salary within the total reward package for the Executive Directors
- considered the remuneration for the Deputy Chairman
- reviewed the Remuneration Committee Terms of Reference and Roles and Responsibilities
- considered the remuneration of Non- Executive Directors (Elected Director Committee members only).
The agenda for each meeting is approved by the Committee Chairman and each Committee member has the right to request reports on matters of interest.