In 2028, it will be 100 years since Spedan Lewis wrote the first constitution. As a co-owned business, it is our responsibility to ensure the long-term sustainability of the Partnership which is why we have created a business strategy that will take us to 2028.
Our Partnership strategy has three strands which define what good looks like as we progress towards 2028:
Stronger brands and new growth
- Improving our offer and experience for customers
- Building new business in high growth areas
- Continuing to grow market share.
Hear from Partner Jared Hughes as he discusses how Waitrose is investing in its core estate - just one way in which we are delivering stronger brands and new growth.
Better jobs, better performing Partners, better pay
- Improving productivity, increasing the sales and profit we can make per Partner
- Achieving higher job satisfaction, as Partners enjoy and contribute more in their roles
- Partners receiving above market pay, because they achieve above market performance.
Hear from Partner Janice Johnson as she describes how our Partnership networks help to create better jobs for Partners.
- Improving profitability so that we can invest more in Partners and customers
- Building our financial strength so we are resilient and can take advantage of commercial opportunities.
Hear from Partner Jen Brown as she discusses how driving productivity supports financial sustainability.